Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Elly's 3rd Birthday {DIY Princess Party}

For Elly's 3rd birthday, I really wanted to give her a little party. She didn't have a party for her 1st or 2nd, and she had been saying all year that she wanted a "princess birthday", so we decided to make it happen. Being the "I want to do everything myself" kind of person (hmm, I wonder where Elly gets that from?) I decided to go to the internet (mainly pinterest) for some inspiration. 


Elly wasn't so much into any particular princess at the time, so I thought I would just do a generic princess theme. Her favorite color is pink, and since boys would be there as well, I thought I would do a pink and teal. This is what I came up with. I went to google and found this free printable letter banner set and I printed out all of the letters for her birthday banner. I printed it out on regular printer paper, cut them out and glued them to cardstock.  It was a little time consuming, but I thought it was fun:) I also added some little rhinestones to the corners. 


The mantle was pretty simple and all DIY. I bought a white poster board and cut out a big #3 and then took some pink tissue paper and glued it on for a ruffled look. 


I made the "picture frames" from some cardstock paper and printed off the "keep calm" picture from google.


My mom made chicken salad for sandwiches and some fiesta chip dip and my mother-in-law made her yummy pineapple meatballs. Also, can't forget the veggies;)


Walking in through the front door.


Goody Bags. Pink for girls and blue for boys. Filled with ring pops, jewelry, light up rings, and candy.


I printed these "thank you" tags from here. My friend Amy actually sent me the link to that, so I owe that to her:) I also made the star wands that are on the link. So fun! 



I bought the cake from Publix (yum!) and the #3 I bought at Hobby Lobby and then painted.


These pretzel sticks are so fun and easy and the kids love them! I love that you can make them for different holidays, too, just change the sprinkles;) 


cake balls;)


Serving the cake


I bought a crown cookie cutter to make these pb&j's. 


I had so much fun making all of the decorations for her party and loved even more how much money I saved;) Elly had such a good time with her friends and family! 



No comments:

Post a Comment