Saturday, February 8, 2014

It's a love story

 I'll never forget when I met Matt twelve years ago. It was 7th grade Reading class. We had been in the class all year and didn't really talk, but one thing I do remember saying to him was when we were sitting next to each other and I asked him if he would move over to the next seat so that my friend, Lindsay, could sit next to me. He was very sweet and moved, but gosh that was so rude of me!! We also went to the same high school and just talked here and there. We had a few classes together, but I remember him the most in my Spanish class our Junior year. I was sort of a class clown in that class, and he was very serious, being in ROTC and everything, I just figured I was not his type at all.
Then, thanks to good ole' Myspace, we connected shortly after we graduated from high school. I was not sure at all what I wanted to do with my life, I was so lost at that time. I changed my mind a lot and at the time I started talking to him, I was currently talking with recruiters of all the branches of the military. I saw that he had just graduated from the Marine Corps boot camp, so at first, I was just talking to him over myspace and asking him questions, he of course said that the Marine Corps was the best lol. So, I joined! Yes, I went to MEPS and I swore in and everything. THEN, long story short, Matt and I started dating and got really serious and I decided that if we really wanted to be together, maybe the military was not the best for me. I got out and we were together.
This was Matt's profile picture from Myspace back in 2007-so handsome:)


Here we are Christmas Eve 2007-our very first picture together:)


February 2008 when I went down to NAS Pensacola to visit him while he was in MOS school:) We got matching shirts!! 

                                     

 
In Pensacola..

This was March 2008 when he came home from finished MOS school. He had spent the last month in San Diego. I also flew out to visit him while he was there.

 
The day he checked in at NAS Atlanta:) 

Celebrating my 19th birthday, April 2008

Celebrating his 19th birthday, one week later, April 2008

We got married after 9 months of dating at the age of 19 and have now been married for almost 5 1/2 years!
It's so crazy how the time has flown by so fast! It has definitely not been easy, but we have made it work:)

Our Wedding Day!! September 6, 2008:)




So goofy:)

Matt and me on Christmas 2013!

We are both going to be 25 in a couple months!! Can't believe it, seems like we were 18 just yesterday and here we are, 5 years of marriage with a 5 and 3 year old:) So blessed!



No comments:

Post a Comment